University of California San Francisco
The Staff Research Associate III (SRA III) will provide research assistance for the Laboratory in the Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine (DOM). The research program in the laboratory focuses on the application of genetic engineering strategies for the treatment of hematologic disorders, development of stem cell transplantation approaches, and for design of immunotherapeutic strategies for the treatment of acute myelogenous leukemia. Projects focus on novel murine models of stem cell transplantation and the development of immune therapies for leukemia.
MEDICINE-HEMATOLOGY / ONCOLOGY
The Division of Hematology/Oncology is one of the largest Divisions in the Department of Medicine. Currently, the Division has 66 full-time faculty, 18 part-time and/or volunteer faculty, 26 Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and non-ACGME fellows, 13 post-doctoral fellows, 26 non-faculty appointments and 57 administrative and research staff.
The Division’s primary research, clinical and teaching functions are primarily split between the Parnassus, Mission Bay and Mount Zion campuses, although the faculty, fellows, and staff have appointments and clinical, research, and educational activities at San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH), and Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC).
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
* Two or more years of laboratory experience with biology procedures (Data collecting, analysis, interpretation and presentation (formally and informally). Performing PCR, and immunological techniques such as ELISA and flow cytometry. Assisting in IV, IP, and sub-cutaneous injections in mouse models, maintaining cell lines and preparation of viral vectors including AAV and lentivirus)
* Two to five years of laboratory experience with molecular biology procedures
* Basic tissue culture including cell counting, sterile technique, maintenance of prostate cancer cell lines, isolation of protein from cultured cells, protein quantification, western blotting, and cell viability and growth assays
* Experience in compliance of all state, federal, and institutional operating standards for biological labs, including maintenance of standard operating procedures, lab safety compliance, proper chemical storage and disposal, lab BSL certification status, and regular lab safety inspections
* Experience with tissue culture (tissue handling, preparation of slides and slide staining)
* Experience with basic histology (tissue handling, preparation of slides and slide staining)
* Experience with preparation with common immunological techniques. Experience with small animal surgery, culture of hematopoietic cells and assays of hematopoietic function. Ability to draft routine reports and keep accurate records of work performed
* Ability to analyze data in spreadsheets, data entry into databases, database management, advanced computer skills
* Experience with nucleic acid amplification, PCR, cloning
* General cell culture technique. Serial passage of cells, transfection, growth assays
* Computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel. Excellent writing, oral, mathematical, and interpersonal skills. Excel database queries of copy number data generated from oligonucleotide comparative hybridization experiments in order to compare genes of interest across the study set(s)
* Experience in lab maintenance and assisting team members
* Excellent organizational skills; excellent oral/written communication and analytical skills
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://ucsfedu.contacthr.com/67505758.jpg /> To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://ucsfedu.contacthr.com/67505758
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BS
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :